Tags : :
You learn over time that not all shops are created equal. Or even with the same intentions. So here is a simple list of local shops and what we believe they are good for.
Feel free to add any shops, thoughts and experiences you've had.
199 Avenue B
New York, NY 10009
- Awesome guys at this shop that have been doing what they do for YEARS. They know their stuff and I would trust them with any repair.
- Not much stock in terms of flashy aero wheels and NJS components but what they lack in stock they make up for with experience.
- They have helped return plenty of stolen bikes to their owners. Including mine a few years back.
Chari & Co.
M-Sat 11am-7pm Sun 12pm-6pm
175 Stanton street
New York, NY 10002
- Tons of parts in-stock at decent prices. Get it now, no need to wait.
- BIG sales, be sure to keep a look-out on their blog for announcements.
- Despite its unwelcoming small size, Chari & Co's shop has a social draw to it. You'll always bump into someone who know or know-of there.
34 Irving Place (corner of 16th street)
New York, NY
- Typical large scale bike retailer. Lots of parts instock. Even some rarer ones.
- Late hours!
- Friendly staff, though I wouldn't take my bike there for repairs.
- $20 Vittoria Zaffrios usually instock unlike some other popular japanese retailers which I wont name...
Do it for the city twitter.com/PDLnewyork