Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 5 10 1:50 AM

Tags : :

Well i just had my first crash at around 1:20 P.M which makes it pretty sunny out. i was hit from behind by a big white box truck fell on my head and ended up with staples on it......i dont believe i could have avoided the crash but i do think i could have avoided the staples on my head..im fine and will be riding again in about a week or less...more than anything my bike didn't have a single scratch and the sun glasses that slided a block down somehow did not scratch also..but one thing for sure is that im buying a bern helmet asap and i hope to never remove it as long as im out on my fixie... anyone care to share their stories??

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 5 10 5:49 PM

i got hit a couple weeks ago and did a barrelroll off the hood of an suv, other than making an old knee injury start acting up again i was fine, and my bike was fine other than having to retrue my front wheel. i got so lucky. went to the hospital to get my knee checked out but they didn't do shit of course.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 6 10 8:13 AM

Good to hear yall is safe and all. Ive been through my fair share of windshiend crackers but thankfully the last one was a couple of years ago. So far so good ive managed to really learn how to read these fucks out here.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 6 10 10:04 PM

chris i was riding in queens today all day and i feel alot better..i actually cant wait for our ride on Wednesday...and daaaayyyummm i thought mine was bad but you guys got hit pretty hard

Quote    Reply   

nv

townie

#8 [url]

Jul 13 10 12:11 PM

No recent crashes (knock on wood), but I did take a pretty nasty spill this past winter while riding down McGuiness in greenpoint. 

Some guy on an SUV got aggro after I gave him kind of a dirty look for not keeping a straight line and almost mowing me over seconds before.  He yelled something unintelligible, swerved his car to sideswipe me (or so it seemed), and I ended up swerving to the right to avoid him, hitting the curb pretty hard with my front wheel. 

Sent me tumbling and sliding down the sidewalk. My gloves, jeans, and jacket got all ripped up, but at least they avoided me getting any bad road rash. A few small scrapes. I broke my fall with my right hand (probably a reflex to avoid hitting the ground with my head), and it hurt like hell for a day or two. Could barely move it. Thought it was broken at first, but luckily it wasn't. Just a bad bruise. Still hurt for about 2 or 3 months after that, whenever I applied pressure to my palm but it gradually got better, and now it's totally fine.

Quote    Reply   

cemir

sprinter

#10 [url]

Jul 13 10 1:11 PM

Yup, I had an SUV driver block an intersection and jump out of the whip cuz I gave him a wtf look. Needless to say I pulled the U-lock on his ass. Which is why i'll never carry both locks in a bag. Stay strapped.

Do it for the city twitter.com/PDLnewyork

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

geri

sprinter

#11 [url]

Jul 15 10 4:14 PM

It had to happen one day. I just got hit on my way home from a nice ride in the city and I was riding on Roosevelt ave under the 7 train. I was going straight and went to make a left turn the car infront me made that turn as well waited for the people to cross when the road was clear I went on and out of no where some guy on a bike is crossing the road throwing me off to go infront of the car and the lady stepped on the gas and ended up hitting me. Luckily there's nothing wrong except that my front rim is fucked =/

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jul 16 10 11:34 AM

Dang, Roosevelt under the Seven huh. Can get pretty hectic there.
I have to say I been almost killed by more delivery guys on bikes than cars!
Glad to hear you aint broke, hope to meet up with your crew for next ride.

Tires FS: LimeGreen/black Detonators 23s folding. $20 Get on TWITTER Bitches twitter.com/#!/aldep

Quote    Reply   

geri

sprinter

#15 [url]

Jul 16 10 12:41 PM

Yeah man man same for me it happened on 90th street next time I know to just stick to northern boulevard haha word I'm down to meet up for a ride.

Quote    Reply   

nv

townie

#17 [url]

Aug 22 10 4:56 PM

I fell over like a fool and busted the shit out of my knee on my first ride with clipless (SPD) pedals the other day. 

I mostly LOL'd about it.  Does that count?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 1 10 9:32 AM

Mcguiness in greenpoint must be cursed or some shit ive heard alot of stories of dudes crashing there including me lol. A white box truck side swiped me dude mustve been going 30 or 40, he didnt even stop. That crash kinda side lined me for a few weeks as i ruptured a few ligaments in my right leg shit happened like 5 months ago and it still hurts. Now the city wants me to pay for the bill bunch of crooks lol...

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Sep 1 10 6:33 PM

Today I was coming home from Forest Park and I was riding down Myrtle ave and while riding just passing Union Turnpike there is a intersection and a car merging into Myrtle from Union made an illegal left turn so he basically drove in front of me. I Tboned the middle of his car.
I need to replace my handlebars and fork. Tomorrow Im going to the doctors to check myself out, I have a sore leg and shoulder.
I wanted to ride with you guys tonight :(

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help