Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Jan 14 11 12:37 PM

Thats impressive. good job. I would love to do some thing like that. 

MR. GOD SPEED

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Jan 14 11 2:53 PM

Horry Sheet Aran,  Dayum!  I'm gonna check out the blog after I get my errands done on the net but short answer to.... where did you sleep?

"Oh here go, hell come..."

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Jan 15 11 8:24 AM

uh yeah, I wrote a blog about it.  rode solo for 7.5 days straight averaging about 85 miles a day across hilly Pennsylvania.  the first day I rode 100 miles before it started to rain at 3pm [image]

-atanz

That is awesome. Ive done a few 3 day tours. Im planning a few trips this summer. I think I am going to be stupid and ride it fixed/SS. Largely because my roadie is a race bike with no braze ons. Doh.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Feb 6 11 9:55 PM

OK so my uncle gave me a MIYATA 310 and I want to clean it up and make it pretty PAUSE. lol Should i just take it to my local bike shop and have them tune it up. so should I buy the bike book and do it myself. I would rather do it myself and learn about it hands on. I have to change the break lines because they are unwinding. 

MR. GOD SPEED

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Feb 7 11 8:10 AM

When I built up me Litespeed I had the LBS install and adjust the Derailluers...I had no clue about those things! Ha! Plus I didnt know how to figure out the length of the chain to cut! Then I had to learn how to get the rear wheel on and off!! Lots internetz learnin.
Is the Miyata Lugged? What component group is on it? Shimano? Could be a fun project to pimp out.

Tires FS: LimeGreen/black Detonators 23s folding. $20 Get on TWITTER Bitches twitter.com/#!/aldep

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#55 [url]

Feb 15 11 8:39 AM

You have to match the cables and brakes to your group and your frame.  Sometimes an old bike won't take the newer thinner cables because the FD and RD are designed to take the thicker older ones, and also cable stop and internal routing  widths may be different.  Bring your bike to a mechanic and ask them what will work.  I say build up that K I S S E N A first, then work onthe road bike.

"Oh here go, hell come..."

Quote    Reply   

nv

townie

#58 [url]

Feb 15 11 12:17 PM

New ride! 

1992 Paramount OS Series 5 PDG

Got to be honest... felt weird riding this after so long with just a fixed drive train.  Almost ate it a few times trying to backpedal to stop hahaha

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Feb 15 11 1:19 PM

New ride!  1992 Paramount OS Series 5 PDG[image]Got to be honest... felt weird riding this after so long with just a fixed drive train.  Almost ate it a few times trying to backpedal to stop hahaha

-nv

same same. 
its like you are gonna fall the fuck off the pedals too. my singlespeed has no clips right now. its crazy going on it in the morning after you just woke up and brain is in reptile instinct mode. 

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Feb 16 11 11:01 AM

word i feel both of you guys on this. I felt like i was riding a bike for the first time weird .. 

MR. GOD SPEED

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help