Remove this ad

#161 [url]

Jul 26 11 7:26 AM

LOL true story Long Boards are taken over the street also along with fixes. lol 

MR. GOD SPEED

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#162 [url]

Jul 26 11 7:31 AM

Ordered my first road bike!

After nearly 2 months of test riding & researching, I've finally decided on my (modest) dream machine: a Parlee Z4 with SRAM Force.  Put the deposit down at NYC Velo and will have this baby in 2-3 weeks.

My favorite part was choosing the custom paint with their online configurator.  I went for the Rapha aesthetic (I swear pink accents make you faster).  The frame is built in Asia, but everything else is done in Massachusetts.  I go to college up in Boston, and Parlee has a considerable prestige up there.  It's well known without being too ubiquitous.  

Time to buy some more spandex & start finding some roadie clubs!  

and of course, watching the Tour the past 3 weeks had me dying for a proper bike.  

Quote    Reply   

#167 [url]

Jul 27 11 6:44 AM

Thanks guys!  The complete bike is $4200 before tax.  I actually considered it a great value for what I was getting.  As long as you don't mind the frame being made in asia & the stock geometry, you save $3000 from other Parlee frames.  Same tubing & build techniques.  

Custom paint is usually $450 more, but they threw that in for free since they were out of pre-painted stock frames.  It was awesome to have the guys at Parlee help guide & advise my purchase- wouldn't have gotten this kind of service at any large manufacturer.  

Quote    Reply   

#169 [url]

Jul 31 11 11:44 AM

I must say Parlee is def among top bikes I would ever consider throwing down a bunch of money for. That bike is gonna be sick (good choice on SHRAM Force too).
Atm though I try to spend little money as possible for the most bang for the buck (its not a cheap hobby).

PS anybody race Prospect? I may start again in late aug/sept.
And anyone ridden Gimbel's?

Quote    Reply   

#170 [url]

Sep 7 11 9:42 PM

Btw, I received my Parlee.  What a DREAM!  Riding is pure bliss... and fast as hell.  

The carbon frame is responsive & buttery smooth.  The SRAM Force gruppo is crisp.  My average Central Park (4 laps) time went from 20 minutes/lap (on a track bike) to 17 minutes/lap.  Rode a 70 mile route to Nyack with ease.  Oh my world has opened up!

Parlee & NYC Velo were a joy to deal with.  Totally recommended.  
They even featured my bike on their website:  http://www.nycvelo.com/bike-of-the-week-parlee-z4/

I'm glad it matches my track bike :)

Now, who's racing me? 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#179 [url]

Sep 8 11 3:00 PM

Btw, I received my Parlee.  What a DREAM!  Riding is pure bliss... and fast as hell.  The carbon frame is responsive & buttery smooth.  The SRAM Force gruppo is crisp.  My average Central Park (4 laps) time went from 20 minutes/lap (on a track bike) to 17 minutes/lap.  Rode a 70 mile route to Nyack with ease.  Oh my world has opened up!Parlee & NYC Velo were a joy to deal with.  Totally recommended.  They even featured my bike on their website:  [url][image][image][image]I'm glad it matches my track bike :)[image]

I see you like the color pink. So what tell them real men wear pink. lol Now, who's racing me? 

-eluke

MR. GOD SPEED

Quote    Reply   

#180 [url]

Sep 8 11 5:24 PM

What Parlee track?

-benson

lol was looking at it in my phone this morning. thought he had parlee build him a track. would have been a wealthy choice indeed 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help