Remove this ad

#421 [url]

Dec 5 11 1:16 PM

Finally got everything in for the LOW. 650 fork and Open Pro. Not a fan of how the Open Pro looks on the bike but its rides better than I thought. Threw the X4 stem on and Deda Low Rider bars on.

Name: Javon aka Apollo Quote: No pistons just pedals.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#422 [url]

Dec 6 11 5:56 AM

damn you did it!  Javon aint gonna let no one tell him to run his shit lol. Yeah its hard to match up breaking surface to the rest of the bike. It looks so utilitarian. Those bars are sick never saw them before

Quote    Reply   

#425 [url]

Dec 6 11 8:31 AM

Thats the most comfortable angle I can have the bar in, being that its lower. The top area of the bar has a weird shape to it and its best felt in that angle.

Quote    Reply   

#427 [url]

Dec 6 11 9:09 AM

There's a few theory's, but mostly to give the rider a more aero dynamic profile mostly in tri events...people say that it may have less turbulence due to the fact it spins more then a larger 700c wheel but that may be a farce. And barspins. javon please put that bike back together with a 700c :)

smarter not harder.

Quote    Reply   

#428 [url]

Dec 6 11 9:18 AM

No barspin with a 650 fork! Pursuit/funny bikes for time trials that put you in the most aero position with the front end as low as possible. Ive ridden a few that was built for a 650c wheel and handles very well since the geo was for it, Ive ridden a modified bike like yours and handled really weird.

Quote    Reply   

#429 [url]

Dec 6 11 9:20 AM

The purpose is to try something different. It's for experimental testing. It is a pursuit bike, why not make it fully pursuit. I like the forward geo on it with the 650. It makes you get up on the bike and transfer more power down and along with the clipless, it feels great. Whenever I get bored with the 650, I can easily change it back to the 700. So far It's a fun ride.

Check out the link below:
http://lopro.blogspot.com/

Quote    Reply   

#430 [url]

Dec 6 11 9:26 AM

To be honest I think Lows "pursuit" is as esthetics as the Affinity Lopro, Kagero, Mash. That 650 setup forsure brings down that front end to be pursuit like. You need those Campagnolo disc wheels for your Low ;)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#431 [url]

Dec 6 11 9:35 AM

I agree, there is a simple reason for the "pursuit" style. That simple reason is that it is easier to go out and buy a 700c wheelset. So, these companies just make the geo for a 700c wheelset. Not everyone would want to ride around with a 650-700 setup. It's so much easier to swap out wheelset to another bike then just having the 650-700.  

Quote    Reply   

#432 [url]

Dec 6 11 9:46 AM

I think it was because of uci regulations so they modded the geo to simulate the 650 drop. The reason it's harder to find 650 wheels is because they were phased out post regulation.

smarter not harder.

Quote    Reply   

#434 [url]

Dec 10 11 11:15 AM

Here's the complete version. Got the Open Pro replaced with a H plus Formation (radial). X2 and bar correction. The ride is super fun and I'm loving every minute of it. Thanks to Al & Erik for hooking a brother up.

Quote    Reply   

#440 [url]

Dec 10 11 3:39 PM

Thanks a lot. Its a 52.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help