Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 30 11 12:37 PM

Tags : :

Looking to get rear hubs in the near future. I would like to know some of you guys opinions on either Phil Woods or Paul Components. I'm not trying to spend a arm/leg on it. Looking for a smooth and reliable ride. Thanks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jul 30 11 1:10 PM

[url]been eyeing these for a while. on point with phil and paul...

-sneekypete

I'll keep those in mind, thanks. Can you really beat anything called a Mack? lol.

Name: Javon aka Apollo Quote: No pistons just pedals.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 30 11 2:07 PM

I don't know i really like my chub hubs. (THATS WHAT SHE SAID ) AAHHH CHA CHA CHA

-frankie

I love the Chubs! Are they worth their weight in gold?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 30 11 3:13 PM

dura ace!

i cant comb my hair, ask me why?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Jul 30 11 4:23 PM

My old roommate has pauls on his ss cross bike and they were really nice last time I tried them. Though keep in mind they run off a 44mm chainline. I have phils on my all around bike and dura ace on my other bike. I prefer the dura ace by far. Light and when freshly packed, the smoothest hub on the market (from what i have ridden at least).

If you are set on sealed bearings, go with phils but i would suggest low flange. Every time i go from my dura ace setup to my phils i feel like i am dragging a bit. For what it is worth, I did formulas with phil bearings in them for two years and had no complaints at all. Cheap, reliable and smooth.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 30 11 5:49 PM

Dura Ace is loose ball, I wouldnt run them year round in the rain and grime. But. They are smooth as hell. Suzue Pro Max is very similar and at a lower price point.

What are you looking for in a hub? What is your price range?

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jul 30 11 9:07 PM

Whats wrong with looseball? Its fun to get your hands dirty and upkeep your bike parts. Besides you will only have to worry about cleaning once every few months

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 31 11 7:50 AM

Ah, man! you guys are killing me. LOL... I want a everyday smooth ride. I'm digging the idea of the formula hub and the phil bearings. I like that low-profile style of having a formula hub and phil bearing. I won't have to be stressed in thinking that someone will steal my wheel setup.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jul 31 11 11:34 AM

Whats wrong with looseball? Its fun to get your hands dirty and upkeep your bike parts. Besides you will only have to worry about cleaning once every few months

-benson

I mean do what you want. I like wrenching on my bike and all. But imo leave the nice loose ball for racing and a some fun summer rides. Use cartridge to beat up on the day to day in the rainy grimy garbage.

What are you planning on lacing these up to?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 1 11 4:02 PM

or for an evryday set up, profile hubs are beast..i have em on my beater and they are really bomb proof.

i cant comb my hair, ask me why?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help