Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 12 12 8:20 PM

Tags : :

I'm selling my beloved Spicer custom. I had it built in the middle of April 2012 and it was finished in the beginning of May. I rode it from then until mid August, due to some money problems and I couldn't afford to pay for a road and track frame I had to part it out. So it's been sitting in the trunk of my car since then. I used it mainly for doing laps around Prospect and Central Park with friend and rode to work once or twice it was never locked outside for more then 10 minutes or left out in the rain. This frame has been well taken care of. To be clear if you buy this you will be getting the Frame, Seatclamp, and incomplete FSA Orbit X headset(missing crown race). The fork is not included I sold it! This is just the most recent picture that I have.

I always lusted after GT gtb and pulse frames but I never had the patience to look for one, nor did I want to ride 20 year old aluminum. I found the geometry chart for the 1999 GT pulse and Gene used that to build the frame. It handles and feels exactly like a GT pulse maybe better because it is made out of 4130 CR-MO steel so the ride is much more forgiving on city streets. It also has curved chainstays so you have clearance to use up to a 55 tooth chainring if you're into that knee exploding thing and it would have no problem fitting any Track crankset on the market.

75 Degree Head and Seat tube angles (this is a very aggressive handling frame)
130 mm Head tube
550 mm Toptube57 cm seat tube
40 mm bottom bracket drop (So no Pedal Strike and perfect for the track)
33 inch standover (I'm 5'11 with long legs and this fit me perfectly)
The rear end has very tight clearance and isn't drilled for a brake. I was using 25c tires but you might be able to pull off a 28.

It's on craigslist for 450 but i'll do 420 for pdlers! 
If you want more pictures or have questions contact me at 646.508.0964 or email me but texting/phone call would be faster.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help